Call Now! 1-888-998-2570

Mold Removal

Mold is the single most common byproduct of water or flood damage. It typically appears within a couple of days of a flood related event, spreads rapidly, and can prove extraordinarily difficult to remediate. The power of mold should never be ignored, since homes, businesses, and even entire city blocks have been condemned and demolished for no other reason than out of control mold growth.

Ideally, mold should be dealt with as soon as it is discovered in your home, before it has the chance to grow and spread and become an even bigger problem. The first step is to locate the source of the excess moisture and humidity in the home and eliminate it, thus depriving the mold of its prime source of nutrition. Excess moisture may be the result of a leaking roof, damaged pipes, or problems with your air conditioning unit. Whatever the source, once relative humidity levels get beyond 50%, then the prospect of mold has increased substantially.

Mold is encountered every day in outdoor environments, where it serves as natures recycling agent, breaking down dead organic material. We breathe mold spores every day with no ill effects at all. We even encounter mold in our homes on a regular basis, usually in kitchens, laundry rooms, or around showers and tubs. These molds usually cause no problem and are easily taken care of with a mold agent purchased from your local market. So when does mold become a problem, and exactly what kind of problem does it present?

Mold becomes a problem when it is encountered in enclosed spaces such as basements. The few mold spores we may breathe in while outdoors are nothing, but inside you suddenly encounter them in high concentrations. Inhaling something that is designed to break down organic material means that the risk for health problems just increased exponentially.

While not all mold inspections are dangerous, many of them are, and to varying degrees. Most molds can cause allergic reactions such as sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, runny nose, skin irritations, and rash, while some of the more nefarious molds such as Black Mold may easily cause respiratory and neurological disorders, lung cancer, and in rare cases, even death. Obviously mold is nothing to be trifled with.

Mold reproduces by way of spores, which float through the air until they land somewhere with sufficient moisture to support their growth. Simply touching mold may be enough to release hundreds of thousands of these spores into the air, where your HVAC system can move them throughout your home, effectively spreading and multiplying your mold problem.

Many people spend a lot of money to have their homes professionally tested for mold. This is not necessary in many cases. Mold presents itself as a fuzzy, greenish black growth on walls or piping, and is usually accompanied by a musty, noxious smell. You may also find that you are experiencing allergic type symptoms when you are in your home, but not at other times, a clear indication that mold is present. High dollar tests are not always necessary….if you suspect that you have mold, chances are that you do.

Obviously, mold needs to be killed, but what few people realize is that killing the mold is not enough. If the same conditions are allowed to continue, the same conditions that made it possible for the mold to grow in the first place, then it is a foregone conclusion that the mold will eventually return.

The mold will need to be professionally treated by the technicians at 24/7 Water Restoration, who will utilize their state of the art equipment and procedures to remove the mold while at the same time preventing it from spreading. Once the mold has been eliminated, they will work on the area where the mold was found, cleaning, disinfecting, and at the same time improving ventilation and reducing humidity in order to create an environment that is inhospitable for mold growth. Only by performing these extra steps can you, the property owner, be assured that the mold problem will not return.

One of the biggest myths out there is that bleach is a mold killing agent. This is a falsehood. Bleach is not recommended by the EPA as a mold killer; all bleach does is temporarily knock down the mold that is on the immediate surface, not the mold and spores that are located in the pores of that surface. In fact, the water found in bleach may actually soak into these pores and feed the mold that is found there. A bleach treatment can actually cause mold to grow back faster and even stronger, with a new resistance to mold treatments.

The single best method for eliminating mold in your home is through the use of a certified, mold remediation professional, such as 24/7 Water Restoration. Our technicians offer state of the art equipment and procedures designed specifically to eliminate the mold problem on your property, then treating the affected area to make sure that it does not return. We are available 24/7 to handle your mold removal and elimination needs, and we offer same day emergency service in most cases.

For all of your mold damage repair and remediation issues, contact the professionals at 24/7 Water Restoration. Certified by the Clean Trust, they are available and ready to handle all of your water, mold, or fire damage restoration needs. Call for a free estimate. We can have a technician on your doorstep within the hour, ready to assess your needs and begin the cleanup and restoration process.

When people first notice they have a mold problem in their home they don't always take immediate action. The thought is that mold and mildew may look gross and may be annoying but it can't cause any significant harm or damage. However, this is a false assumption and mold growth within your home can be very devastating. As mold grows it produces mold spores, which float around in the air. When people are around the mold they do not even have to touch the substance in order to be negatively affected by the spores. These spores can irritate the skin as well as the lungs when they are inhaled into your body. Health hazards of mold can range from an annoyance to significant health concerns. Some of these health issues include headaches, skin rashes, inflammation of asthma, bleeding lungs and some believe that molds can develop certain kinds of cancer. This is why it is extremely important to take care of mold removal immediately, instead of disregarding it and letting the mold grow into a big problem.

Discovering that you have a mold problem is only the first step. After finding the mold the problem then becomes the daunting task of getting rid of it as well as making sure the mold doesn't come back. Many people try to get rid of mold themselves often with the use of bleach and other strong cleaners. This can be very effective initially but often when people try to get rid of the mold themselves they later on find that the mold keeps coming back. The problem is that mold can be very elusive growing in cracks and even within the walls of your home. To make sure that all mold is removed properly we advise a mold removal specialist to come to your home and thoroughly inspect and clean your building.

It is also important to know that the main reason for mold growth is the result of a wet or damp environment. This is why mold is most commonly found in basements, laundry rooms, and bathrooms. Calling a mold restoration specialist may not be the only step you need to take. If the source of the moisture is not appropriately taken care of then the mold will keep coming back time and time again. Some sources of water can be leaking pipes, lack of air circulation, and trapped high humidity in the air. Some ways of fixing these problems can include a water damage specialist analyzing the pipes of your home, keeping fans circulating in the room, or the use of a dehumidifier. Taking care of the source of the problem as well as teaming up with a mold removal specialist will make sure that hazardous mold will not invade your home anymore.

Read the EPA guidelines regarding mold remediation.

Why Choose Us?

  • Free Estimates
  • Available 24/7
  • 60 Minute Rapid Response
  • Fully Licensed And Insured
  • We Work With Your Insurance Company

Thank you to 24/7 Water Restoration for quickly coming to our house and cleaning up the water damage in our basement from a burst pipe. Their technicians were extremely professional and polite. Their quick response reduced the risks of mold setting in and causing even more damage and potential allergies and health concerns for our son. Thank you for your outstanding service!

Karen