DIY Water Damage Restoration

You never truly know what to expect when first spotting water damage or flooding in your home. The best bet is always going to be calling your local water restoration professionals. However, if you insist on doing it yourself for whatever reason, here are some things you want to keep in mind.

First off, make sure the electricity is off. Electrocution occurs when flooded areas reach electric outlets and a person touches the electrically charged water. This is a very dangerous situation. If you’re unable to turn off the electricity without risking electrocution, contact a water restoration company or your local electric company and wait for help in a safe place.

After the electricity is off, you can proceed to remove water and other items. Water must be removed as soon as possible. The water extraction process can be performed with water pumps or wet/dry vacs. These can be rented at a local hardware store.

After the water is removed you may begin the drying process. Ventilation and fans are your best friends in this situation. Strategically place high-powered fans throughout the area to best circulate the air in order to dry it quickly.

Last, but not least, a mold inspection may be needed. Checking the home for mold is very important. Mold growth can cause serious health risks. Even if none is spotted, you may want to get a professional in there. Mold is microscopic at first and can spread very quickly in the right conditions.

Consider a water restoration professional for your water damage projects. Professionals will be able to spot all the damage you can't see. They come with all the correct tools to get the job done right the first time around. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with all of your water restoration needs.

Why Choose Us?

  • Free Estimates
  • Available 24/7
  • 60 Minute Rapid Response
  • Fully Licensed And Insured
  • We Work With Your Insurance Company

Thank you to 24/7 Water Restoration for quickly coming to our house and cleaning up the water damage in our basement from a burst pipe. Their technicians were extremely professional and polite. Their quick response reduced the risks of mold setting in and causing even more damage and potential allergies and health concerns for our son. Thank you for your outstanding service!

Karen